PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa rules
Thread: Easa rules
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2011, 19:07
Ditched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as i am aware EASA is not planning a replacement or amendement of PANSOPS. Biggest changes I can see so far are in Flight Crew Licencing, Rest and Duty times and Non-Airline operators. Also the structure changed, so maybe operation manuals need a re-writing.

I agree it has become very confusing. The whole EU-OPS was something we could have done without. The European Commision was politically driven and impatient to force EU-OPS into action. If they would have been more patient a more seemless transition from JAR-OPS to EASA-OPS would have been possible and far more practical. A lot of small aviation businesses were forced out of operation with the introduction of EU-OPS.

In it self its not a bad idea to have everything under the EASA flag because there is where the knowledge is (or supposed to be) and its EU wide. Under the JAR system every country had it own exemptions (e.g. single engine turbine under IFR) which I believe a hinderance to a level playing field. EU-OPS was supposed to create a level playing field, by ending the local exemptions,
but it miserably failed.