PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 11th Oct 2011, 18:20
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked that question at the Q&A part of the assessment and think I posted here ages ago. Basically the reply was that you were "streamed" for the type you were rated on may it be Airbus or Boeing.

Going with this was the statement that if they was a requirement for more airbus rated guys at a particular time they would be taken from the pool and given a start even if "behind" in the pool.

To top it off was the whole operational requirements thing which happened for courses Sept-Dec with the 747.

The guys in the recruitment team are working flat out and their hands are tied by the powers above and so need to wait until they get approval to fill a post with a £49k a year starting salary.

In the meantime it is a frustrating wait for us as things slow down for the winter and bills still needing paid. We are unable to commit to other things like a command course or even a new rental agreement in our houses in the meantime.

The wait is soul destroying with partners telling us to try other paths with more instantaneous results and establish the stability which is a big part of the reason why a lot of us on here applied in the first place.

I keep saying it's worth the wait and 100% convinced it will be. Why else would we wait this long. It's just hard to convince everyone when you applied over a year ago and was expecting to be well on the way by now. It's also difficult to stay motivated for this long with no difined goal. Especially after the intense and focused selection process.