PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 11th Oct 2011, 16:02
Ken Scott

Received 146 Likes on 28 Posts
Over many years in MQ's we never came across the indignities decribed in some of these posts. .....must be something about Lyneham that does it.
As I've said previously her description is not true of the Lyneham I knew, her's is a gross caricature, so don't disrespect the finest AT base in the RAF!

This argument reminds me of several incidents in Goose bay many years ago, the dining arrangements were combined messing, The Canadians, Americans,Germans and Dutch were all happy to share a common dining room for a few weeks whilst detatched there.
Not the RAF! they arranged for a small segregated section to be made from partition boards and potted plants so that their officers could dine away from the irks!
I've generally found that the RAF OFs & ORs are happy to muck in together (coming from a C130 Sqn we all mix at work & off duty away from base). At Goose Bay we all ate together, non-segregated. At Camp Souter in Kabul the Pongo OFs had separate tables from their men, we all ate together with the latter.