PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decision to axe Harrier is "bonkers".
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2011, 12:59
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a great believer in that saying,

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it?

Ignorant folks sometimes tell me to 'Get out more' or 'Get a life'

They say these things without having a clue of my circumstance or possibly the hurt those remarks might cause.

Why not say nothing and let folks voice their opinions, why insult?

I for one accept the harriers are gone and will probably never be seen on our flight decks ever again, but if other folks feel the need to try and revoke that decision then power to their elbow.

Regarding the excellent points about the skills required to man an aircraft carrier then sadly I am in the corner that believes the launching and recovery of fast jets from a carrier via the use of cats and traps is a completely different skill set than that required for STOVL operations and being current on that skill is not a ha'pence of use when we finally get this F-35C or F-18

Training the pilots is the easiest task, getting a foreign power to train up the 'on deck' ship's company is something else and I doubt there is a single person left in the Royal Navy that has this type of experience, but that is a different topic.