PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffery Thomas...again
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2011, 11:55
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
And where is our Union to refute all this claims??..
I always wondered why the Australian people buy into this ****e.But with our union not refuting these claims in the media, I'm not surprised..
Whilst I agree that claims need to be refuted and journalists need to be held to account when they hold as much power to influence public opinion as they do, BUT

Like Steve said in a radio interview, there is only so many resources available. Court cases, day to day operations, EBA negotiations as well as the fact he isn't just employed by Qantas LAME's, he is employed by industry LAME's.

Besides that, the ALAEA gets a 3 second sound bite at the most. They will never get the same air time as a corporate sponsor of the media. How many articles do you read that has the opposing view cast forth in the same light as the corporate view ?

When have you ever seen a journalist question the following;
  • Alan Joyce gets paid less per hour then an A380 captain.
  • Engineers get paid on average $170,000 a year.
  • Qantas pilots work 500 hours a year
  • Alan Joyce got paid less this year then last year.
  • Qantas international lost $200million.
  • Why was the Rolls Royce settlement not paid to the Qantas Airlines segment (The Australian Shareholders Association knows why, google it)?
  • Why hasn't the effect of the QF32 incident, the volcanoes shutting down airspace, the radiation in Japan etc been cast as a one off event and used as justification why Qantas isn't deserving of new aircraft?
  • Why did Qantas buy A380s instead of B777's ?
  • How did the international segment go from being the most wildly successful segment in 2006/2007 to being the 'worst performing' ?
All worthy of some investigative journalism, all will be totally ignored by journalists.