PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top of the World: photos from Nepal
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2011, 11:32
Vertical Freedom

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Angel

Hey Jemax

Yes - Sagarmatha is still 6,215' straight up from my height of 23,000'.

23,000' is the RFM certified ceiling for this machine the B3+

I have landed up to 19,000' in the B3+, if Your light she is not to bad for power but You have to be very careful as Your operating right on the gong limit, recording any exceedance, also your at the right pedal stop so no more tail-rotor authority left. & the controls are very mushy with the machine very very unstable up here.

The B; I have taken to 14,000' setting up for a zero/zero touch down as no HIGE power & running take-off as we where very heavy, The B2 up to about 16,000' & same deal there often less than HIGE so approaches have to be spot on for a nice clean light flop down & a very judicious cushion creep departure to the edge of the pad/cliff then fall off into the gorge to get airspeed as once Your off the pad & out of the cushion its only down from there till You have that magic 35-45 knots then your heart starts pumping again yippee & climbing again

Thanks for the compliments on my pix, I am very happy & grateful that You enjoy??? Thanks again for saying so, Your words inspire me to post more........

We are preparing to conduct 'Mountain Flying Certified' courses soon for experienced PPL, CPL & ATP Pilots who want to expand there skills into these extreme flying techniques, starting next year. Conducting commercial ops, Cargo Sling & Human Cargo Sling Rescue to 19,000' & higher if the candidate is up to speed. All on the AS350 family; B, B2, B3+ & B3e. More info when the course is approved & ready to start

Always know where the wind is...........& do everything into wind...... except piss

VF
The following users liked this post: