PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:41
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recall at a flying station in Cambridgeshire, then about to become Harrogate-in-the-South and take a large influx of people, we had to shuffle some people out of what ISTR was called "inappropriate" MQs - eg, SNCOs in the officers' patch. Staish decided to call a meeting with those who would need to be shuffled down, and as OC Handbrakes I offered to go with him, but he preferred to play it low key and handle it himself. Next morning, 0830 phone goes and it is the wg cdr at Innsworth who handled Parlaimentary Questions. "Did your boss have a families meeting last night?" "Yes". "Is he likely to have said....". "Life's a bitch then you die" I replied before she completed the question. "Oh, heck", she said, a Petty Officer's wife has complained to her MP (who happened to be the PM!) on two counts, one being moved, and the unsympathetic line by the staish. What she did not know was that he had served on exchange with the USAF, and every second sentence was LABATYD! Resolved eventually, but a lot of grizzling, and that was after we had manipulated the station budget, and the change in the price of aviation and heating fuel, to spend well over a million quid putting in double glazing and central heating into AMQ that in the early 90s still had single glazed metal windows and one lousy coal fire.