PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffery Thomas...again
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2011, 05:35
flyingfox

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Geoffrey Thomas doesn't even have the decency to refute the claim made by the ABC and other media organisations that he is an 'aviation expert'. He regularly and happily masquerades under that description when in fact he is a 'common or garden' newspaper journalist. To the best of my knowlege he has no aviation qualifications of any kind. Where the term originally came from is anybody's guess, but was a possibly a throw away line from an over friendly radio announcer when about to interview him. A less apt description I have never heard. Just another of the many 'ticks' hanging off aviations emaciated carcass without contributing a single positive outcome. His reporting is, in my opinion, extremely partisan and usually just a repetition of management 'spin'. In reporting aviation incidents, the tone of his reports seems to vary according to the 'company' involved. He is a 'CEO propaganda link' to the press and long term Pprune followers will no doubt have noticed his connection with one 'highly mobile' executive who has groomed his attention over many years.