PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - inquiry regarding A320 TR
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 23:58
captbisdak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@martinque:

Just like you, I have been shopping around for alternatives to Clark since they are very busy and was also hoping to save some $.

It seems that airlines in the Phils also use TR centers in KL, HK (Oxford) and according to a friend of mine who used to be with PAL that they also sent pilots to Miami (I assume Pan Am or Sim Center). Hence, it seems that it is possible to take you TR outside but have a conversion check with a CAAP checker using perhaps the Clark sim (again problems with getting a slot).

Among those that I have considered, Aerosim in the US seems appealing but the problem is that you need to convert your licenses to FAA prior to start of training. Hence, in addition to their tuition which was only $13,800 you need to factor another $10t-$12t (and 4 to 6 weeks) for the conversion plus lodging and the costs for CAAP conversion later. The plus side is that they have 2 start dates a month so you have control on the timeframe.

I was told by another friend currently a contract pilot on the A320 within Asia to try to do the US TR and leave it to the prospect employer to do the conversion with CAAP. Apparently this is what the contract pilots currently with CebuPac are doing.

Hope this helps.