PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Prestwick may be sold - Ryanair cuts - passenger decline
Old 10th Oct 2011, 23:03
peba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanairs business model is built on expansion. so it does business with the attitude of a 2006 estate agent.IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE DEAL WE ARE OFFERING SOMEBODY ELSE WILL. The time will be very soon,when ryanair will need to expand into the main airports of europe,(with some obvious exceptions of course) in order to attract more pax.If they up their tools in Prestwick and move elsewhere,they will have to pay the going rates which o leary will not like one bit.Look at MAN for instance.He had a row with them but has now gone back with his tail between his legs looking for another deal.The time will come when this business model has to change and o leary with it (or new CEO).He cannot bully airports like he used to and he knows it.

I doubt if he will ever close PIK base,simply because ryanair has become a summer airline now,(it has got way to big for its boots) and it is a handy maintenance/parking facility in the uk. It is all a threat to get a better deal for the next summer period.
I WILL CLOSE THIS BASE IF I DON'T GET THIS AND THIS etc.....This winter will be quite but come next summer the sun will shine and ryanair will still be in PIK.