PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL application rejected
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 20:55
rmcb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...shame on you, rmcb - do you perhaps have a personal axe to grind with the CAA
Blunt axe? Due to an inability to differentiate a modular/integrated candidate and reconcile records 18 months before it counted, I lost a conditional job offer. So, yes. Ashamed? No.

Compared with many other NAAs one could mention, the UK CAA are efficiency personified. Bloody expensive though...
They've demonstrated a degree of mediocrity only possible in the civil service. I don't begrudge paying for an efficient, cohesive and integrated service, but I cannot accept their being the least mediocre makes their 'service' acceptable - or do I misunderstand you?

rcmb - you have not really done yourself too many favours in this thread: you need to slow down and think before rushing to condemn
No apology; as already pointed out, if someone had thought to pick up a 'phone and speak with the FE... I recall the frustration of getting anyone to recognise a problem existed. These problems need quick answers with solutions and ready cooperation to rectify. It may not be what you want to hear, but you need that decision fast.

This whole scenario (as mine) should have been prevented with the sensible use of IT and the management consultants that no doubt litter the landscape.

Congratulations on solving your problem Claverley04 and good luck for the future.