PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - inquiry regarding A320 TR
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 18:22
fernandeztv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@martinque you do have A320 SIM centres in KL, SIN and HKG but whether they are approved by CAAP is what you will have to find out in detail by contacting the respective centers. From what i know the Simulators are as such approved but in order to get a CAAP endorsement the syllabus and your final SIM check has to be approved by CAAP. Which means either the person conducting your SIM check should be a check pilot from CAAP or a person accredited to CAAP.

-or- you could just do a type rating abroad and then get the conversion done at CAAP which boils down again to the same issue...a sim check done by CAAP! Which means you will have to hire a sim just for that purpose and also a CAAP checkpilot!

so whichever way you look at it ...you will have to involve CAAP in it. Whether you do you TR inside or outside Phil.

From what i know even if you go to Clark Aviation (only place within your country that offers a A320 TR course) due to lack of availability of slots, they might be sending you abroad for your TR but at the end of the day everything is made sure that the sim and the final check is approved by CAAP.

Just my personal take on this..pls do verify if what i said is correct good luck with your TR. The Bus is a pleasure to fly