PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 15:42
emergency descent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In more then 5 years in company they have only moved my 3 days once after they have been published. Once published and linked to your 6 days especially if they are at the end of the 6 days they will not touch them. It happens from time to time that you will fly into one or two of the 3 off days. If that happens they have to give it back to you in the next roster and they will automatically become untouchable. Unless otherwise requested they will be linked to your 6 days. You also have the option to sell these days. For a first officer it would be no less then eur 400 net per day + eur 100 net for as expenses. I only once flew into my 6 days when I was stuck because of the volcano in iceland. you can either sell them or get two for one back as untouchable days in the next roster. The average trip length is about 6 days I would guess. If you return to LUX you will have your rest time, possibly one or more blank days on which I would not count and then sent out again. Rest time limitations in Cargolux are more restrictive then according JAR-OPS. Send me you e-mail as a private msg. and I will see if I can send you a low seniority roster. I am positive the hiring pilots will continue in the near future. If you are still in your twenties or low thirties with about 2,5 k hours on jet or more you have good chances. Preferably guys from Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands are being hired. They donīt like guys that live to far away from Luxembourg but still their are plenty Austrians and Swiss.