PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 15:39
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said come fly.

That's exactly who I want next to me as well; Someone with day VFR Single Engine Cessna time. That's money can't buy experience right there. In fact when something goes wrong, the first thing that I want to hear is "it's ok, I once flew a Single Engine Cessna". I'd be instantly relieved because i'd automatically know that they would be incredibly calm. I simply can't understand how anyone could be qualified on a jet without having had Single engine Cessna time. In fact you should travel around as a passenger just in case one of the flight crew go incapacitated and only a person with single engine Cessna time can save the day. What, with your incredible calmness that only comes from flying a single engine Cessna.
As aposed to a cadet that's only ever flown a 172 with someone holding their hand?

I just don't get this extreme example, who goes from flying a C210 to an A320 anyway? Is that like how Webber went from a peddle car to a F1?

The funniest part about cadet pilots is that they don't reach the insurance requirements to hire most light twins; I'm sure they think that it's unjustified but people who are better at rubix cubes than them think otherwise.