PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First trial lesson
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 11:54
Warrior2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Arut,

Most trial lessons will follow that exact format. Remember, Its your very first flying lesson, and If the Instuctor started telling you off for loosing 200ft, Im sure that you would not return for another lesson.

There are so many different things which may happen which in the end will determine what you get to do.

The instructor probably went out to the General Practice area and turned down the radio to Nil so that both of you could hear each other comfortably.

Climbing & Descending are a complete hour lesson. Dont feel behind that you didnt get to do it. Theres a lot more than just pulling back.

The first couple of hours will all relate to your outside surroundings. You will learn to fly Straight & Level using your eyes and Adjust the power settings using your ears.

Sometimes when im with people on a trial flight, ATC can get busy and I feel the need to fly into the traffic pattern when I return. If I let the student do it, I have to talk to atc, then talk to the student and tell him how to turn. (Bear in mind, you do not learn how to turn untill the 9th lesson!)

However, on occasions, Where there is no air traffic around & its a nice calm day. I have let the student fly all the way down to the runway and let them flare.

Just hard luck! Sounds like it was a busy day at the airfield.