PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 09:39
pull-up-terrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chadzat has the right idea...there is definately a place for cadets in the industry, but not to replace the guys with experience. To generalise cadets as better, more professional pilots is a disgrace. Building your hours up on a clapped out 210 teaches you to be calm when sh#t hits the fan, cause it does, and when something goes wrong, which isn't a typical failure, I know who I would won't in the right hand seat next to me...
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the FO on last years A380 incident a QF cadet...

But isnt that the point of all the aptitude tests, co-ordination tests, etc they do at interviews is to work out which candidates naturally have those "abilities". Lets say at the interview for the QF cadetship and there was 2500 applications for 20 spots. The 20 that get in for a start, would be the best of the best to make it so far with the amount of tests they do to filter out the "wrong" applicants. They are most likely switched on and are fast learners, have good leadership/teamworking skills, fairly motivated, most likely particapated in Airforce Cadets/aviation related activities (which gives them valuable skills) that get in to cadetships like these. I agree that they should be employing GA people over cadets (in Australia). But I dont think Cadet pilots arent as bad as what some people in this thread make them out to be.