PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Agility'Movements Contract
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 07:57
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
New 'Agility'Movements Contract

I'm afraid this thread is primarily for those serving (and, indeed, those about to depart).

From 31 Aug 11, a new Movements contract and process was established, with 'Agility', in partnership with the MOD. This is for the movement of all personal effects, furnture etc between postings - on on discharge from the Services.

Perhaps the system isn't particularly mature, but I used them recently and found the contractor head office staff to be vacuous, clueless and down-right rude (to give them credit, I also got a gritted-teeth appology form them). I have also threatened to send them a school atlas to help with their 'strategic planning' after some geographical howlers. They sent a LN out to assess our volumes and he generated a figure that was 50% higher than our actual volume move 12 months ago! (note to self - stop wife from shopping...), including items such as the neighbour's kids' trampoline, a snow blower and a garden cabana (none of which is ours - and I told him so at the time!).

I also have to question the VFM, especially for overseas moves. For example, a colleague recently moved a short distance from one government hiring to another as a 'Service move'. A truck and crew were dispatched across Europe to his location but they refused to move the MOD furniture (he is in a 'furnished quarter') - the contract doesn't allow it! They simply moved his family's personal effects several km, and then went back to the UK. He was advised to contact his Quarter Master (wtf?) to move the MOD furniture, but in practice, his closest support unit is about 500 km away and they couldn't provide vehicles, so he was obliged to hire a local carter and move the stuff himself. And there is now no means to be reimbursed for this. Additionally, even our troops in barracks have to use this Agility contract - gone are the days of borrowing the PSI van or a local dodgy van-hire firm and shift your kit yourself.

Has anyone else had any expereince of the new Agility Contract?