PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 02:14
XRF100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GAFA
If all the C & T positions were filled from pilots from the west and experienced ATR pilots, then why did Skywest advertise 4 weeks ago in the Australian for these positions.
Dont know, decisions made by those above my pay grade - maybe they needed ATR guys to fill seats with minimal training ASAP

Those who applied for the EOI include Ejet captains with at least one being a training Capt on it. The Ejet and the ATR 72-600 have a very similar cockpit and although Skywest may have got experienced ATR pilots I bet none of them have operated a fully integrated/advanced flight deck like the -600 and Ejet.
You maybe right I guess they will worry about that once AOC has been obtained and the 600s are in country - first things first.

What about the talk CASA could make the -600 a different endorsement to the -500? If that happens then having experienced ATR pilots doesn't mean much.
As Above.

Also when we hear Skywest ATR pilots saying "if they (Virgin) come over here for a command, then we want a command at Virgin" doesn't help.
Next time you see a Skywest pilot, invite them out for a beer, have a chat there is always two sides to every story, it maybe have been a throw away line taken out of context, a misquote that you have heard third hand or simply just a misunderstanding. As I said yesterday "we all have enough problems with the "divide and conquer" tactics of aviation management in general without contributing to it from within."

Hope you have had a good day.
Cheers