PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 01:18
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheers S.U.C,

yep, I was thinkin about that 50% thing last night.... prob a bit too much, it was all written in a hurry I was thinking about how to immediately make people question leaving. But poeple will still leave if they are then forced into slave labour for it.

I believe that a nice increase in salary or something to stop people just only looking to the exit. You need to give incentive for people to stop and consider the option. At the moment the majority of pilots (and other staff) are fed up with the aformentioned systemic problems, and pay is part of the problem, but yeah your right, lifestyle is another important one as well as the management attitudes/treatment of those under them; Which I bet sadly is passed on from the top down.
This means that using the famous PILOT decision making model staff conclude:

Pool the facts:
everything mentioned in these posts and more. Frustration, pay, lifestyle, opportunity, treatment etc etc

Identify the problem:
Management and CEO leadership then that filtering down to conditions for staff.

Look for a solution:
Better employer who understands value of staff. Or better paying/lifestyle job. OR better job with opportunities. Or all combined (they are out there!)

Operate solution:
Attriction rate explains this.

Take stock:
Most people leaving Rex are reporting WAY better conditions/lifestyle/pay/opportunities etc. This now encourages people to look elsewhere and exacerbates Rex's shortcomings.

Dont get me wrong, every employer usually has something that you will not agree with, but if other conditions balance it out then its tolerable/enjoyable still. Then, the proof will be in the attriction rates for the most part. Ego will not help in introspection on managments behalf to change these problems. Its time that Rex adjust to market competiveness for crew. Its simply saying, we will offer you better conditions and so people leave. Its as complex as you make it and it dont need to be that complicated.