PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European SIM card
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 00:05
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
I brought my Motorola Cliq XT over from Texas. To my chagrin I found T-Mob were a different mob in the UK. Roaming and other 'services' ate £10 a day. I screamed . . . loudly, and they offered to turn off the toys.

In a cliq (groan) they'd done the deed, and given me a deal with my old UK number - yes, not the US one - and a service which gives me 100 mins a month plus the £10's worth I have to spend to keep it going. Fine for me, but 20 quid would buy 600 mins and free texts.

I've got my old sim ready for landing back in the US.

It's not a rich man's setup I know, but it does the trick, and having an expensive phone at least means I can hear just what's being said -very, very clearly with dual earpieces. What's more, the battery lasts DAYS. Before, it was a few hours.

The warning is that the sucking of money out of my account was without any form of warning.

hee hee...a pal of mine here in the UK played a game. He's old enough to have known better, but that's what he did. It stole £20, and loooooog after he'd forgotten about games, it stole another 20, and another. It took 3 hours on A PAID CALL to resolve the nonsense, and they couldn't, by law, turn if off for some days.