PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2011, 13:21
Gretchenfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gretchenfrage
Simply telling the pilots to read the five-color s#!thouse on reflecting and worn-out screens with a multitude of same color digital indicators and FMAs with five windows on three rows with zillions of different abbreviations is, to cite the Borg, futile....
Cry me a river about it. Unless you're capable of performing just that, don't go flying, you're gonna hurt yourself and others in the process. It's a tough world outside.
You may be right, at least that's what I have done and left the blue side as soon as I could. I never felt on top of these machines and I bet many feel the same but do not admit it.

I feel competent enough on another system now and that's what counts in professional aviation.

You can now lie back and feel safe because one of the subjects who seemingly was not good enough for the wonderbra has left the building. But that does not fix the filling, believe me.

Instead of aping the infantile slogans of the lobby-corner ("love it or leave it"), you might have read a little further and caught what I said as well: That there exists a better solution to the problem and that it might just be a better idea to copy that than shout down those who bring up the problem.

Doing the latter is what happens to a great extent actually and that in turn does not comfort me, because these machines share a great chunk of airspace with me. And my theory is that too many of their jockeys are similarly not as good as you think you are.