PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 9th Oct 2011, 13:17
Willard Whyte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or not.

Having just done a march-in, idly running my hand along the bottom edge of the kitchen worktop it felt a bit rough. It had never been cleaned in years. Superficially clean the more we looked the worse it was.

Tops of cupboards thick with dirt. Cooker seal completely full of gunge.

Some people now just leave and pay the contract cleaning bill. Only thing is the contract cleaners probably just skim clean and hope the next occupants don't notice.
Yup, all the quarters I've moved in to have been fairly grubby on arrival. Of course, one is hardly likely to delay unpacking whilst waiting for DHE to arrange re-cleaning so what's the point in complaining.

Prior to my last 'march out' (what a fabulously pompous title) Mrs WW and decided to pay a cleaner circa £100 to do all the pointless cleaning of picture rails etc. We stooped, pardon the pun, to weeding the garden (and cutting the lawn) ourselves. Wouldn't have minded but it was raining heavily on the day the people from DHE came to inspect, they both trod mud over the freshly shampooed carpets, upstairs and down. I drove past the house about 2 months after I'd moved out, the grass was about a foot long and the weeds had taken over the borders.

A small addition to quartering charges should be made and DHE should foot the bill for bringing quarters up to a suitable standard of cleanliness.