PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 9th Oct 2011, 12:07
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
Clockwork,

My point was that failing to attend a parade could be the subject of disciplinary action, by whatever method it is administered....

I don't dispute that a CM and dismissal seem over the top - but then I don't know the details of the case.

Returning to the article...

How many Colonels are there with 5 bedroomed houses with driveways at Lyneham?

Different houses for different ranks?.....Hm, that fits in quite nicely with different rents being paid by people on different payscales.

How much was she paying for this quarter compared to civil rental values or the cost of a mortgage? She was getting a fairly reasonable house at a cheap as chips rental I expect.....

Any tenant, inside or outside the military, is required to take reasonable care of the property they are renting. Which is very different from having the house "spotless" all the time!

Complaining about a pregnancy scan from a doctor in DPMs (dressed as a tree?), how about acknowledging the free medical care she was getting! Which doesn't exist any more for dependents.

"There was always the chance we would have to move away completely and make new friends" - you mean he could have been posted away from Lyneham (which apparently he wasn't), something that happens (posting, moving on) to most of the military on a fairly regular basis.....

All in all - total drivel.