PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 9th Oct 2011, 09:24
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevrtheless, whilst the style of the article may not be to everyone's liking, there is a fair measure of truth in it. I recall in the early 80s a squadron leader at that place on the hill in N Lincolnshire getting seriously marked down on his 1369 by the Staish for wearing jeans for gardening, and a new wife being taken on one side by the other wives for being a bit adventurous with her husband in the PDA department and for her style in clothes. On the other hand, when we married (I was a newly promoted sqn ldr, and my wife had little experience of the RAF) Aunty Joan took the new Mrs W on one side and said "Now my dear, forget all this nonsense about senior officers wives and enjoy yourself." Some years later, Mrs W was now a "wg cdr's wife" and scandalised some by donning the velcro suit and throwing herself at the sticky wall at the summer ball (well, it was my last working day in the RAF before retirement.