PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2011, 07:50
XRF100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyingfox,

My understanding is that the event that you refered to occurred back in 1994, I have just had a look at the current seniority list and of the 120+ pilots on the books at the moment there are only six, I repeat, six current pilots who were employed prior to late 1995. I in no way condone their actions and indeed I feel your pain however I feel that it is unjust to taint the whole Skywest pilot group with the actions of a few.Those few involved no longer hold any positions of responsibility within the company.

GAFA,
Im sorry to hear that you guys feel that way. To the best of my knowledge the current T&Cs on the ATR are either Perth based Skywest guys seconded to the ATR operation to help with transition of Skywest SOPs etc.. or experienced ATR guys and all the required postions were filled ie no requirement for Virgin guys, no malice intended.
As for the "no its one of ours" comment that is a shame and I hope it does not reflect the attitude of the skywest group over there as we all have enough problems with the "divide and conquer" tactics of aviation management in general without contributing to it from within.

cheers