PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan Joyce and the room of mirrors
Old 9th Oct 2011, 05:11
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed Dog Tosser, I was one of those who were tossed off their aircraft on THAT day, by some little TAA grade one clerk in CBR. (had I known what was ahead I would have kicked the little bugger down the stairs, it would have been worth it). But had the rest of TAA walked with us (we never asked for that) it would have had probably a different ending. The point I was making is to replace Pilots, Engineers, Ground Staff, Ramp staff, cargo staff et al is almost impossible. The training would take time, and bringing in foreign pilots and engineers and getting them work visa's etc would bring on logistical nightmares, though of course there would still be the but probably not enough to keep the airline running. Add to that CASA requirements re foreign Pilots and Engineers would only add to the misery. Nope, you people are in the LH seat if led properly. I am not a union happy, lets go get em sort of bloke, but from where I am sitting you people are on the slow boat to nowhere with this bloke, and it would appear its going to be a JQ contract or nothing for many of you. How long do you seriously think management would hold out, with the govt. nagging behind, not long. I hope it never comes to that, but perhaps eventually the employees simply will have no choice, if they want to save this great company and their jobs.