PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Rotor RPM
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2011, 05:02
BumblebeeHPH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPH Hop

Thank you for the info. I did a static balance on the rotor and hub assembly. That should take care of the basic balance issue you suggested. However, as far as the rigging pins, and alignment, I am very curious about the datum points and what the tolerance limits are.

Last night I was considering a new M/R mast or torque tube, This design was never built for such a heavy rotor, but I couldn't beat the price (I am working with what I can). And I do not want it falling or striking anyone either. During the last test there was a group of people standing beside at about 30 feet out. I suggested that if they did not want to possibly get sliced in two, (in case of mishap) they should move to a safer distance. They moved.

As for blade wander or sweep, there of course is a stop for rearward sweep movement, and vertical movement. You feel I need a stop for forward sweep is critical? I also noticed some flapping during the last test.
Not sure why.

Your explaination of the twist and pitch is what I had come to understand and design around.

How much pitch can be applied before a blade stalls or is no longer proportioanally lifting? Is there a curve or a chart for effective pitch?

I want to apply the most effective pitch I can, as fast as I can, for obvious reasons.

Thanks again for the input and support, it is appreciated.