PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2011, 00:46
Stiff Under Carriage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can REX do to stop pilots moving? Not much being offered on this thread.

Don't get me wrong, there are all valid opinions on here and REX need to do something to stop the attrition, but what?

Pay, many have said that's not the main reason.

Krusty, from what I have heard about recent PC meetings the PC themselves have said that they are happy with the pay and do not want it changed? You said it yourself, it's more than just the money, but what more does it take?

How do you want management to be more supportive? Genuine question, let's face it, managament ain't going to go, but maybe they can change if they knew how to, if they understood what the front line staff needed/wanted.

Most pilots are whingers, let's face it, AirborneSoon said it. Change is as good as a holiday and many are moving JUST for change, as Normasars said, grass may look greener but it still needs mowing, the ATR gig, could be classified as side ways step, it's moving to an unknown quantity at the moment, yet guys are moving to a riskier operation in terms of stability at this stage. Yes, it probably will be a huge success but at this point.....

So again, what does it take guys, if money is not it. Bare in mind too, extra days off per roster equals more money as more crews are required to allow such a change. So...

I agree the recent resignations are only the beginning so what are the answers?