PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 23:10
bigbrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go so far to say that I would have stayed for the same money, or maybe just a little extra, IF I had felt appreciated. NH is the wrong person to be a CP as he has NO people skills at all. None. LKH thinks pilots are all greedy and just "want to fly the big shiny jet", so from that point of view what chance does the company have in 'good times'. Sure people will smile and wave at you when they feel thier jobs are precious, but given the opportunity they're out the door. 13 resignations in one week is a sign. Losing both Sydney and Melbourne Flight Operations Mangers in one go, expreienced pilots, check and training, Training etc....

I'm sure management are looking outward and saying these pilots are leaving to fly new jets, RATHER than looking inwards and asking the question, "is there anything I might be conributing to this".

The attitude of some C&T Captains in the sim also goes a long way to pissing people off. SOC'd for questionable issues and applying ignorant "I'm right your wrong" assessments, won't encourage improvement, it only encourages resentment and that is what you are seeing now.

I will acknowledge the excellent skills of management to making the company profitable, but at what cost. When you rather see your skill set walk out the door not for the want of money perse but for a little appreciation in the everyday, a little professional courtesy and respect, then the ulimate price will be paid with a small brass plaque on the side of a hill listing about 30 names.

I will watch this post to see my ex fellow pilots thoughts and how far off the mark I am.

Over to you Blue Leader