PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good RAF Army Banter/Jokes
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 22:16
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not at all.

I'm sitting on a balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico reading this thread, beer in hand, reflecting on life in general, and the choices I made ealier in life (ie Army, paid attention at school).

Banter's all well and good, but there seems to be some line of thought here that the RAF has some kind of intellectual superiority, if I can call it that. Granted there's some real thick t**ts in the Army, and some prize d**ks in the officer corps, but it's the same in the air force, and probably worse in the Navy.

The fact is though, the RAF's been sold down the river by its frankly naive leadership and know-nothing politicians. It's now merely a third of the size of the Army, has a handful of bases and sod all equipment. Worse, over the years, lots of RAF airfields are now, or will be, Army barracks. Abingdon, Wattisham, Dishforth, Colerne, Waterbeach, Woodbridge, Leconfield, Brueggen, Gutersloh, Tern Hill, St Athan, Topcliffe, Leuchars, Kinloss, North Luffenham etc.

I'm just not seeing the intellectual superiority. No big deal, no nerve hit, but just a bit puzzling.

Back to the beer