PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 18:12
emergency descent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answers to the last questions

It is true that all Cargolux F/O´s have been asked to apply for Cargolux Italia as DEC. The contract would have been for 5 years. After this 5 years you would have rejoined Cargolux in Luxembourg without loosing any seniority. If you would have been captain by then you would have stayed captain, otherwise you would have found yourself back on the right seat. In total 2 F/O have been desperate enough to apply. In the end none signed the contract. I guess you can imagine why.

I think there was a bond linked to my type rating, but not more than 1 or 2 years. By the way, hardly ever someone resigned and with exception of the guys that went to Air France, most of the ones that did, tried to come back after realizing their mistake.

The 9 days off mentioned are in fact 10 days off, as there have to be 24 hours of rest time starting at midnight local time before the beginning of the first off-day (blank day). Crew Planning prefers to give the 10 days in one block as they save one one rest day. Otherwise it would be 7 days off in one block + an other 4 days off in one block. You can place 3 requests for each upcoming roster. Trips as well as off-days. All is by straight seniority. Thus you can ask to have your off days in one block or in two. Most guys link some of their 42 vacation days to their off days if taken in one block. The amount of off-days per roster is not reduced if you take vacation days on top. There are 13 rosters of 28 days per year.

About Qatar as shareholder. Ask 10 of our pilots and you will get 10 totally different opinions.

About the recruiting page. Call Interpersonal or send them an email to explain your technical problems. This is what I did some years ago. They should be able to help you.

By the way, I back Pow-wow in his opinion of the company. You will do hard to find better a company with better working conditions, especially in europe.
In all the years I can not remember that any one complaint about his salary.