PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Its nearly time!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2002, 23:23
Big_Yellow_Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again Paul,

Try and understand where some of these guys are comming from. A lot of people here have done the training, built a lot of hours and have experience and degrees from another line of work. However they are still looking for their first jobs. They are just looking out for you, and all of us who are working towards a career as an airline pilot. I took a bit of time to gather some quotes from all of the posts telling you to be carefull:

redsnail
"I would respectfully suggest that you take a really long hard look at the industry before..."

RAY BAN
"I am sorry if you don't like what I have written above but sometomes it needs to be said!

Good luck! "

buzzc152
"However, the most important thing to remember is never give up on your dreams. Just plan it out carefully."

STANDTO
"Your choice, your move and I hope it pays off."

sqwauk
"I'm sure everyone here is only trying to help but it may seem like they're having a go at you for being full of confidence.......Just give yourself a back up just for security if not piece of mind!

18 IS VERY VERY YOUNG. It will happen, keep BELIEVING!!"

Long Final
"Just a young man with a great yearning and a desire"

You see, all of the guys wish you all the best with your career, just giving you friendly advice. Like I said in my last post, I began training when I was 18. I am now 19 and half way there. I know its a gamble, but like I said to you, if your going to be sitting in a lecture room thinking that you could be flying, by all means go for it. I think you should, but like some of the guys said, make sure you have a good back up plan. And listen carefully to what OBK! said in his last post. Everyone here wishes everyone the best.

Cheers

BYB