PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New BA Advert: To Fly. To Serve
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 11:43
shogan1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nearly everyone on here seems to think the ad is not only bad, but will have zero impact for BA?

I discontinued my patronage of BA around 2 years ago, after too many bad experiences (delays, strikes, teething problems with T5, etc)... As a non-British Brussels based flyer I had previously believed in the BA heritage/promise (safety and service). The service side let me down.

Now after two years of flying UA/CO I decided to switch back to BA for my next two transatlantic work trips - first one next Monday. This coincided with seeing this ad last week for the first time. Was I subconsciously influenced? Who's to say, but the real test for me will be my experience as a passenger. I am confident CW will be more enjoyable that UA/CO biz...

My conscious view re the ad is that I like the idea - a return to BA's greatest asset: their service and staff; drawing a line under all that has happened and looking to the future. I did not however care for the cheesy over the top music/voice over. Way too much.