PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Business prospects in Middle East
Old 8th Oct 2011, 04:13
Airmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want to know something my friend, i know that setting up a business in India is hard but it is the BEST place on earth to set up something like a charter or business operation. It one of the fastest growing business/charter aviation markets in the world with tons and tons of industries that need that kind of service.

You have tons of industrialists that need to go into more rural areas. Many many sports teams now that would love a private service and save themselves the hassle of flying with the public. And tons and tons of people in the film industry that would also like to go places in private without a hundred other people on board knowing where they're going.

I have a friend who joined with a new business charter out of Mumbai, and although it took a while to jump through the inevitable breaurocratic hurdles, once they got their certification from the DGCA the business just came flying through the door.

I would think twice before I went anywhere else with this idea. India is in the money right now, and there's never been a better time to do business in that country, there is probably more business to be done in one district of Mumbai than in most cities in the Middle East. The upper class are reaping it in right now and that means that high end services like charter ops are in big demand. Most of the bigwigs don't even use cars in the city anymore its all chopper service from Juhu down to South Bombay.