PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 767 Max speed at sea level?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 22:54
superrrnova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I'd like to thank you for your response. Some of you are obviously aware of what I'm talking about which is good. That's the main reason I didn't mention it as I was trying to get a professional opinion without the "he's a conspiracy theorist" response. I'd like to point out that I'm not here trying to back up a theory that I hold, I did see some of the pilots for 911 truth shows after a recommendation from a friend, I also found it extremely interesting. After doing research I found so many conflicting opinions so I wanted to ask people who know what they're talking about without all of the hearsay. I hope you don't mind my curiosity and that it doesn't offend anybody. I saw a few forums and this looked the most professional.

Sycamore, thank you so much for taking the time to address the question I posed, even if it was put forward in a rather lame fashion. Flight 77 was clocked doing 500 knots at ground level, at level flight. The general impression I got touched upon a point made by yourself, these were the details I found most interesting. Basically 500 knots at ground level (1000ft) would have an equivalent airspeed of over mach at high altitude. The FDR data was interesting for flight 77, but I didn't delve into that in too much detail. I was more interested in the capabilities of the Boeing that was supposedly used on that horrible day.

I'm sorry if this topic offends anybody and I'm not a whack job. I don't pay too much attention to the "conspiracy theories" but this was something I didn't want to turn a blind eye too. Thanks for your replies, I look forward to more.

Silberfuchs

I believe the radar data should be fairly accurate, right? :/ Also, flight 77's information was taken from the FDR. The two from the towers apparently weren't as indestructible as they'd make you believe.