PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 18:25
SVoa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS, You can see in my earlier posts that I mention how I conducted my PPL in the UK at a modular FTO and my initial plan was to conduct all my training there. However the standard of training I found to be NOT so good. It took me 4 months to finish my PPL in minimum hours, and took me 3 months to complete 60 hours of hour building, CPL/ME/IR at Egnatia... Do the maths...

The training does not depend on the country in which it is conducted but by the mentality and standard of the FTO.

I can guarantee you of a few things from Egnatia Aviation:

1. The standard of training is very high. This means, IN DEPTH breifings AND debriefings are conducted before and after every flight. Instructors make sure you understand what you did wrong and ALSO what you did well. They constantly ask you theoretical questions during every flight, not so much as a test, but more as a reminder of "if you dont know it, go read on it so you know it in the future". I personally learned alot from my instructors there, in addition to what the ATPL books said.

2. The area is GREAT for flying. Airspace is not restricted at all. Three airports in the immediate vicinity of LGKV offering very nice IR flights without waisting time in the cruising phase of flight. LGTS, LGAL, LGLM and just a bit further you have LGSK which has very interesting approaches.

3. The student to instructor ratio is very good. Your instructor will know you very well after 1-2 flights and they have time to answer questions and even some 1 on 1 talk about any questions you might have outside your "booked" slots. You wont get any of this, your slot is over so leave me alone! The instructors there LOVE their job.

4. You will be very comfortable. Accomodations is not only very nice, but actually way above normal standards you would expect from a flight school.

5. The environment is very friendly and the whole team there will make you feel right at home.

6. When you fly, they mean business.. They are very strict and demand a high standard from all of their students. You will never feel that ANY of your flights are boring or routine. Every flight has a specific purpose which you know in advance because they provide you with manuals which tell you exactly what you will do on each and every flight you fly there, and what is expected of you in every one of those flights.

7. Value for money...