PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waiting period.
Thread: Waiting period.
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 13:40
Stick_Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Normally how many days does it take to get a Medical Assessment/Medical File No. from DGCA?
It usually takes 2 months (maximum), for your medical assessment. (I assume you ask for class 2 medical, since only after your Class 2 medical you get your PMR File no.)
But if you need your PMR File no. urgently to book a date for the class 1 medicals, you can call the DGCA medical cell after around a month so that they can give you your file no. on the phone itself.

2) Normally how many days does it take to get an appointment for a fresh initial Class I medical exam at-

Air Officer Commanding
IAM IAF
Vimanpura
Bangalore 560017
or for that matter any other Class I medical exam centers but more preferably the the above mentioned one.
Call them or visit them personally and ask which is the earliest possible date that you can get and how to apply for the same. The waiting period at each medical center is different but it should be minimal since there are not many people going for an initial medical as it used to be back then when I got it done.

3) And once we clear our Class I medical exam at the medical centers how many does it take to get the Class I medical certificate from DGCA.
It should take the same time, around 2 months maximum.

4) Can we apply for the license conversion after clearing the medial exam or do we have to wait till we get the Class I medical certificate from DGCA.
I think the CA-35 form that you get immediately after your medicals should be enough. CA-35 form and Medical Assessment serves the same purpose.

Hope this helps.