PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan Joyce and the room of mirrors
Old 7th Oct 2011, 11:55
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole thing is becoming unbelievable. Here we have Virgin in their white hangar, heading towards a aircraft with someone dressing you on the way, all happy little vegemites, and then switch to CX where we can watch a nice young chap taking his flying lessons and finishes up a nice older chap on the deck of heavy metal. All happy feel good stuff that works with the general public. Then we have QF, there we have the management and staff basically beating the crap out of each other on the tarmac. Charming. Yes, the national carrier, the same one that served with distinction in WW2 and Vietnam, that flew 700 traumatised Dawinians out of danger after Cyclone Tracy, that went straight to Bali to get burnt and badly hurt young Australians to Australian hospitals for urgent care, and then did it all again the second terrorist attack. What happened to that Qantas? In all my years in aviation I never thought I would see QF in such a bloody mess. We mourned the loss of so many good airlines in my time TAA, Ansett, East West, Kendall, and the list goes on, and thru it all QF stood solid and indestructable until..... Dixon. And the rest as they say is history. Well its in your hands now, those who have worked and gave their all for such a great company, can only stand by and watch and hope that QF survives, for Australia and QF are joined at the hip, one without the other is unthinkable.