PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 11:14
Eket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah , when she returned to Cork Apt where she was based ..... we got her back with the wheels timexed and the airstair door wouldnt fit cuz of a drill bit being dropped on it

Took us weeks to get that door right ..... almost needed a check 10 after ye lot getting yer mits on her !!! Still , kept us in work I suppose .

I reckon ye raided the Bristow stores and bolted on all the old knackered stuff before returning her to us . Well done !!!

We got her from Okanagan Australia ..... arrived with a nice little arangement of fuel drums and hand pumps in the cabin . Flew the whole way from OZ , with some remarkable engineers , who had many a run in with the local cops . She was based up in Shannon and later was based out of Cork Apt . Then she went for the SAR mods to Redhill . Where nothing worked .

Mick Whelan (Avionic chief) and the eng manager Mick Fitzgerald went to pick her up , as I said nothing worked , so right in front of the Bristow managment , at some hotel a check for one point something million was ripped up and binned ..... there was frantic movement in Redhill , EI-BHO worked fine after that and a new check was written .

Very sad that IHL (Irish Helicopters) closed as there was some brilliant people who worked there .

IHL leased a Bell 212 from ye , sometime in the mid 80's ..... it was overall white with a big vertical fin above the cockpit ..... we called her Jaws .