PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decline in Pilot Salaries Survey
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 09:28
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So 40 south, you feel that when some one leaves to go overseas, that this is to be a 'one way trip'? These people must never return, except unless they 'join the queue at the bottom', eh. Anywhere in the queue, eh, as long as it's below YOU!

Those who have been overseas for work have every moral, ethical and lawful right to return to Australia and you are way out of line to infer otherwise. I have some advice: get a grip, have a look at the real world and do some growing up

---------------------------------------------------------

I am continuely amazed at the outright self-centered BS that comes out of pilots mouths. The recent VA LH EBA, for example, where the SFOs have had their career path subverted, apparently for the "good of the majority". Well, all very nice, unless you are the one who has just been screwed over.

"Oh yes, but in any EBA there must be winners as well as losers". Must? Must??!! I get it, some pilots are happy if some of their workmates get a raw deal as long as they come out with a 'win': a real f#$%^ you, Jack, I'm alright mentality. THIS is part of the issue. No one can 'win' if another workmate loses. To think otherwise...that is immoral and unethical! Ever heard this one?:

"United we stand, divided we beg"

When pilots say "must be some winners and losers" an instant division is created. So who, then, wins??? Hmmm?? Here, I am reminded of Joseph Heller in Catch 22:

Yossarian: " Doc, from now on, I'm only going to think about myself".

Doc Daneeka: "But Yossarian, suppose everybody thought that way".

Yossarian: "Well, then I'd be a damn fool to think any differently".