PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink Pilot strike balot
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 08:24
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax. I use the term 'sucker' (I didn't say traitor, nor did I imply it) as a bit of a joke (I was one too, and quite probably still am).The point is that anybody working there is perfectly entitled to bitch and moan as much as they like. There is nothing wrong in trying to improve your working conditions. Sitting back and saying 'Oh well it's all ok' if it isn't is futile. Warning others who may have some choice in the matter is fine. Diminishing the supply of applicants to Link (as if) will also have some positive effect. Part of the attempt to improve a place involves gauging current opinion amongst your peers, since effective action requires a degree of teamwork. Trying to get a bit of inertia going requires somebody to jump up and down and shout a bit - then maybe others will join in. Since Link's union appear ineffective, some people choose to do the jumping and shouting here. Others then tell them to shut up. Frankly, if all you want to do here is tell them to shut up, then you shouldn't have even opened this thread in the first place (not directed at you CVS, although you did say you agree with Oompilot).