PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Australia its own Worst Enemy?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 02:15
CoodaShooda

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
there will be more focus on the Coalition's policies which may cause the numbers to narrow
If labor continues in its negative, spin driven approach to trying to blame everything on Tony Abbott, I'd suggest the electorate will have gone well beyond the "anyone but labor" point of no return well before the libs are forced by the media to present their policies.

But I agree there is still time to turn things around. Perhaps they need to hire these guys. Gruen

Blanik
There has been coverage in the past few days of the government's intention to have the "independent" Remuneration Tribunal report on (and recommend) appropriate salaries and conditions for MPs. The trend of reporting has been to suggest 100% increases across the board but with offsets in allowances.

Experienced the unedifying spectacle of our local, conservative M(up)P(et) addressing an audience a couple of days ago.

"simper, simper" (weak smile, no eye contact) I am going to address the House on the Carbon Tax (open hand gesture) next week. "simper, simper" What (open hand gesture, rabbit in a spotlight stare) do you think I should say?" (weak smile, simper)