PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non Transgression Zone
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 00:36
Jetpipe.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Non Transgression Zone

In the context of independent parallel approaches, NTZ is a corridor of airspace of defined dimensions located centrally between the two extended runway centerlines and between the NOZ (Normal Operating Zones), where a penetration by an aircraft requires a controller intervention to maneuver any threatened aircraft on an adjacent approach.

The minimum NTZ width is 610m.

NOZ extends from the Runway threshold to the point aircraft are established.

My question is now, where is that NTZ width defined from?

My first thought was the most obvious, from the extended centerlines.. but then, if one aircraft was established half deflection right or left depending on runway that would put them in the NTZ but that is not correct as they are established in the NOZ
Then I thought that is says NTZ is located centrally between the two extended runway centerlines. That means it doesnt need to be defined by those.. So my logic says that these 610m are defined from half scale deflection to the Right from the Left Runway and halv scale deflection to the Left from the Right Runway, and it starts from a point were vertical separation no longer can be 1000ft between the two R.

I anxiously await your responses