PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 22:44
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
A valid point AirbourneSoon, but there's more to the story.

I've always given credit were due. LKH has done a magnificent job in insuring the airline against the ravages of debt and excess. This has provided employees with a level of job security possibly unmatched by many companies, and dare I say most airlines. This has allowed REX to reduce it's services in the past without going to the wall, but ironically if the cuts around the corner are deep and prolonged enough, redundancies in people will result. REX's low debt therefore is not a panacea for a content workplace.

The reason I still work for REX is that I love my job, and I love the people I work with. That's why I (and many others) become frustrated when we see good people walking out the door for no other reason than they feel unappreciated. This is particularly galling when we see opportunities lost due to an unwillingness by the company to invest in it's people, and I don't mean spending money on computer based courses, endless ops notices, or on a Checking system that continually adds to a pilot's obligations for no other reason than to appease an incompetent regulator.

And it's about more than money, but realistically if REX doesn't a least attempt to compete for experienced pilots, it will be left with KRUSTY old guys like myself and a bunch of green kids. And that won't be enough!

REX are about to slash services, sure as night follows day. This will lead to stress and anguish not only for our customers, but for our frontline staff. These people are ultimately the ones who pay the price for management's complete failure to address this ongoing problem.

So hopefully you see my aspirational friend, my motives and those of others having a "whinge" may not be as destructive as some may think.