PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Navy Pilot Officer
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 18:20
GAZ45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I did happen to read the sticky, and it seems focussed on RAF OASC, so thats why I posted a separate topic purely regarding the training route, not selection as I have been through the process before. Sorry for any confusion.

Also I appreciate the link you have posted to another thread. Although much of it is not applicable to me. Im 23, so still within joining age limits for RAF, RN pilot recruitment. And as for the heavily biased towards civvie flying, your correct in that I looked into this route, but I actually applied to the forces when I was 15 and attained an RAF 6 Form pilot scholarship before I went to university. Upon graduating, the pilot doors at the RAF were firmly closed. I looked into civilian flying heavily and considered it also. I am now doing some research on the Navy pilot branch as military flying has always been my goal anyway. Im unsure as to how any of the info posted could help me. I only asked for some details of the training route these days. I notice hostility toward pprune members is not only reserved for the civvie forums.

G