PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan Joyce and the room of mirrors
Old 6th Oct 2011, 14:51
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The story rolls on

Police squad keeps tabs on Qantas after alleged deah threats against executives typo "death" but it is only The Telegraph

Police squad keeps tabs on Qantas after alleged deah threats against executives | thetelegraph.com.au Daily Telegraph 7.10.11.

A POLICE strike force will investigate death threats and property damage to Qantas executives after a new threat was levelled against the airline's boss Alan Joyce. Police will provide mobile patrols of the homes of senior management who had been threatened or were deemed a high risk of being targeted.
and the SMH version 6.10.11 same day/time

Qantas boss target of more death threats

THE decision by Qantas boss Alan Joyce to go public about death threats this week seems to have left at least one of the perpetrators undeterred.
Just hours after the first media coverage, at around 5pm on Wednesday, another threatening email landed in Mr Joyce's inbox.
The Herald understands the tag read ''death threats'' and the brief but unambiguous text was along the lines of: ''I'm going to get you.'' my bold

Two versions of the same story which in my view was generated by a press release from Qantas. Interesting to see the Australian did not run with it as a main headline, only this regarding the called off TWU action set for Friday.

Qantas strikes called off 'too late' for passengers | The Australian
QANTAS'S battles with the unions will temporarily simmer, with the Transport Workers Union calling off today's strikes and flight attendants reaching an agreement over pay and conditions. But the airline said the union's decision has come to late and 5700 passengers would be affected by cancellations and delayed flights.
The TWU yesterday called off the two-hour strike action planned for this afternoon, as a "gesture of good faith" to bring Qantas to the negotiating table.
As I said before, it appears the management want to keep this sort of stuff running right up until the AGM as they see some kind of value in it. As SP says
don't fall for their traps
and
remain focused