PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 14:18
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Trim is untouched during the race."

That too is conjecture.

In the slomo run, I pay close attention to AoA as the roll left stops. From the constant perspective of the camera, we start to see more and more of the belly, out of sync with turn rate. This indicates a Nose UP trend, at least to me. There is a flash of up left aileron in the right reversal, suggesting the pilot was not in control, but that the ailerons were driven by airstream, not stick. I don't conclude that the pilot had time enough to recover from the left roll, nor that he had time to Rudder. If there is this flash of Nose UP, I think the pilot was out instantly. This Pitch caught him and his upper body left of the stick, and he was forcibly slumped into the left space, inputting an inadvertent right roll.

Some maths genius should calculate the g in the video supplied by the 'wrench'. He got 500 feet in less than ? seconds. I doubt 21g, but math is not me.

Thanks greatly for the RareBear vid. Takes stones to call Penny "wrong".

You are a hardass.....

It isn't only up to skull oxygenation, as you know. G can be a full on haymaker from a very big fist. Acceleration of the skull can lights out the brain in milliseconds. Plenty of O2.

Last edited by Lyman; 6th Oct 2011 at 14:41.