PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confession time - Who has had a prang?!
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 14:02
Dublin Fionn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question quick question for Genghis and anyone with exp

Hi Everyone,

long time lurker (years). before I start can I just say a huge thank you to the regular posters of this forum for their invaluable , life-saving advice. You are my daily heroes and there is a pint waiting if you ever make it to Weston (EIWT).

while reading some of the replies in this Prang thread I noticed that our dear Genghis suffered an incident while in a shared ownership aircraft, and that the group turned on him it seems.

Genghis, can you tell us all how a prang in a shared aircraft plays out ? as I hope to buy into a share once I pass my PPL. what did the group do to turn on you? please start a new thread if it's too off topic for here.

Currently I fly my clubs aircraft ,and I don't worry about anything but the safety of the occupants. the club has insurance and that's all I need to know, But I am curious as to what to expect in the future.

I'm glad everyone is okay though. Please be careful up there, else I'll have nothing to read.

now my story:
Grob-Queen , I did the exact same as you , came in too fast and put the nose wheel of our craft down too early,cue a few seconds of trying to keep her straight and then off the left side of the runway to a stop,just a lack of rudder authority on my part.
Through out the 20 seconds of the Runway excursion I never once thought of the plane , as they can be replaced.

As I like to say , any landing you can swim away from ......

Safe Skies,
Fionn