PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 09:22
aussie027

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Krusty- Great Post, Thanks for the info re Rex then and now.

Mach082,
I was curious as to your comments re Skippers, Network etc losing lots of drivers??
Where are u getting this info that they are all losing lots of guys??
I've been constantly looking for flying work here in Perth for 3 yrs since the GFC hit and I rarely ever see any local operators advertise for anyone. Been maybe 2 Skippers ads and 2 Network adverts in past 12mo or more.

Only 1-3 people required each time apparently.

Last 2 times Network advertised they wanted Braz type endorsed pilots ONLY again for both seats so they cannot be hurting for pilots too badly. They used to train and endorse people. Maybe not anymore, they lost a few senior C &T Captains this year apparently.

Ive got good quality flight experience and good refs and Ive been called to 1 interview in past 3 yrs.
So there is certainly no shortage of “suitable”pilot applicants for any of these regional operators be they t/prop or jet..
The GA well is certainly NOT DRY.
I guess in many cases age, maturity, excellent customer service skills etc and enough flight experience to be a Captain are not what is desired anymore by regional operators.

Many over 30 and 40 something pilots with more experience than me have posted in past 4 yrs they are dying to get interviews to get back into aviation or move up and get nothing at all.
Then we have to sit and read how these companies like Rex etc cannot find any "suitable" pilots or those with enough experience to be upgraded relatively quickly to Captains.
Another GFC, Mk2 if it comes will kill all hiring and expansion again anyway.