PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Cost index are you using B737NG?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 07:38
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IRISH PiLOT!
You have a big mouth for someone who was still building hours 2 years ago
Yes it is an automatic controller but please have a read on how it works!!!
I was talking about m.80 in cruise and initial idle descent.in my airline if you get an overspeed,you are scheduled in for a meeting.....rather avoid that and get a fuel bonus..but i guess you wouldnt get any of the two as you are obviously a low hour f/o and fly for a low cost..
Believe im not scared of overspeed neither was i when i was flying turboprops close to its limits quite often.(cargo single pilot sa227s) but there were no qars involved nor passengers,while you were still In high school.
Overspeed IS an exceedance just like a flap overspeed...do you think its ok to select flaps 1 at 245kts?would you say its also ok having to use your speedbrakes in case you get a flap overspeed right because of your planning
Do you write your overspeed in the techlog after landing?obviously not,you wouldnt know where to look for one.

I save time on the ground and try to get shorter routings and optimum levels to save time...not flying at m.080/320.
For your info im paid extra for flight time,true,but also for fuel saving,fuel saving gives me a nice average of 500 eur net/month.

Concerning your pc sim 5000 hours thing,its a childish remark for a so called pilot,by the way i never played these games...
Fly at speeds you like and ill do the same.Enjoy the overspeeds with your speed brakes at high levels while i enjoy my coffee at a fuel economic speed.

Last edited by de facto; 6th Oct 2011 at 10:08.